Alerts announce concerns of the Department relating to unauthorized activity, scams, or similar situations. These are matters of interest to the banking industry, media and the public. All alerts are provided in Acrobat Adobe
- April 5, 2018: ALERT: Fraudulent Emails Purporting To Be From Finance Commission of Texas Involving Fictitious Invitation to Bid
- January 5, 2018: Consumer Alert - AriseBank Purports to be a Bank and Soliciting Funds Online Through a Cryptocurrency Investment Scheme
- December 15, 2017: Consumer Alert - Various Media Outlets Inaccurately Reporting that the Tin Thanh Group has Acquired Oakwood Bank
- December 15, 2017: Consumer Alert - Fraudulent Fax Solicitation Purporting to Offer a Business Line of Credit
- April 19, 2017: Consumer Alert - Notice to Purchasers of Preneed Funeral Merchandise Sold By Apple Casket and Memorial Monuments
- March 1, 2016: Consumer Alert - DebtWave Credit Counseling, Inc.
- December 7, 2015: Consumer Alert – Nationwide Biweekly Administration, Inc.
- March 5, 2015: Consumer Alert - Fraudulent Website Purporting to be a Bank
- December 10, 2013: Consumer Alert - Fraudulent Telephone Contact Regarding the Department of Banking
- February 15, 2012: Consumer Alert - Fraudulent Loan Commitment Letter