Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- September 18, 2018: Consumer Alert Regarding DigitalBank
- April 5, 2018: ALERT: Fraudulent Emails Purporting To Be From Finance Commission of Texas Involving Fictitious Invitation to Bid
- January 5, 2018: Consumer Alert - AriseBank Purports to be a Bank and Soliciting Funds Online Through a Cryptocurrency Investment Scheme
- November 7, 2018: Texas Department of Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to Billy F. Peel and Austin Peel & Son Funeral Home, Inc., Austin, Texas
- November 2, 2018: Texas Banking Commissioner Names David R. Reed as Lubbock Regional Director
- October 23, 2018: Texas Banking Commissioner Issues Cease and Desist Order against EBank Holdings, EBank Holdings Corporation, EBank World Holdings, Inc., Avaline Investment LLC, Avaline Holding USA Corp, and Alex Tannous
- May 16, 2018: BSA Customer Due Diligence Requirements for Financial Institutions Now in Effect
- March 26, 2018: Preparing for the Implementation of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Methodology
- December 4, 2017: Business E-mail Compromise Workshop Presented by the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, MS-ISAC, REN-ISAC, R-CISC, and Symantec
- April 24, 2018: Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner provide testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- January 31, 2018: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services
- February 28, 2017: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.