News and Events
Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- September 24, 2020: Texas Banking Commissioner Re-Appointed to FSOC
- September 15, 2020: Texas Banking Commissioner Issues Order Relating to Hashi Money Wiring, LLC
- August 31, 2020: CapTex Bank, National Association, Trenton, Texas, Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- August 25, 2020: Emergency Closing of Offices
- July 3, 2020: Home Equity Lending Rule Review: Precomment Draft and Online Webinar Notice
- June 23, 2020: Interagency Examiner Guidance For Assessing Safety and Soundness Considering the Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Institutions
- August 28, 2020: Commissioner provides information to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- April 24, 2018: Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner provide testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.