Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- July 9, 2020: Texas Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Prohibiting Further Participation Relating to Linda Patricia Escamilla
- June 30, 2020: NexBank, SSB, Dallas, Texas, Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- June 30, 2020: Texas Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to NJ Lotto, LLC dba The Lotter
- July 3, 2020: Home Equity Lending Rule Review: Precomment Draft and Online Webinar Notice
- June 23, 2020: Interagency Examiner Guidance For Assessing Safety and Soundness Considering the Effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Institutions
- May 29, 2020: Department of Banking Resumes Examination Process in June
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- April 24, 2018: Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner provide testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- January 31, 2018: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services