Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- September 18, 2018: Consumer Alert Regarding DigitalBank
- April 5, 2018: ALERT: Fraudulent Emails Purporting To Be From Finance Commission of Texas Involving Fictitious Invitation to Bid
- January 5, 2018: Consumer Alert - AriseBank Purports to be a Bank and Soliciting Funds Online Through a Cryptocurrency Investment Scheme
- January 16, 2019: Banking Commissioner Names Daniel Frasier as Director of Bank and Trust Supervision
- December 4, 2018: National Day of Mourning for President George H. W. Bush
- November 30, 2018: Department Receives Sixth Consecutive Accreditation from CSBS
- May 16, 2018: BSA Customer Due Diligence Requirements for Financial Institutions Now in Effect
- March 26, 2018: Preparing for the Implementation of the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) Methodology
- December 4, 2017: Business E-mail Compromise Workshop Presented by the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, MS-ISAC, REN-ISAC, R-CISC, and Symantec
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- April 24, 2018: Commissioner and Deputy Commissioner provide testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- January 31, 2018: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services