News and Events
Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- April 11, 2022: Consumer Alert - Palm Springs Bank or PalmSpring Bank
- March 11, 2022: Consumer Alert - First Priority Offshore Bank
- February 17, 2021: Proclamation Authorizing Closures Due to Severe Winter Weather
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- June 22, 2022: Bank of Houston, N.A., Houston, Texas Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- May 16, 2022: Final Order Issued Against Robert Green, Sr., Bay City, Texas
- April 29, 2022: Commissioner Approves De Novo Bank Charter for Texas Traditions Bank, Katy, Texas
- April 20, 2022: Financial Education Webinar: Building Wealth: A Checklist to Get You Started Presented by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- March 14, 2022: Director’s Affidavit - Oath of Office
- March 14, 2022: Director, Manager, Managing Participant Affidavit – Oath of Office
- March 3, 2021: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee.
- August 28, 2020: Commissioner provides information to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee