News and Events
Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- February 17, 2021: Proclamation Authorizing Closures Due to Severe Winter Weather
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- July 28, 2021: Assessment Reduction
- June 25, 2021: The Ozona National Bank, Ozona, Texas, Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- June 7, 2021: Banking Commissioner Issues Order to Cease and Desist Activity Against FincreBank of New Mexico, LLC and Carlos A. Gonzalez
- July 19, 2021: Home Equity Lending: Electronic Disclosure and Out-of-State Financial Institutions Precomment and Webinar Notice
- July 15, 2021: Financial Education Webinar: Building a Better Budget Presented Jointly by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner and Texas Department of Banking
- June 10, 2021: Authority of Texas State-Chartered Banks to Provide Virtual Currency Custody Services to Customers
- March 3, 2021: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee.
- August 28, 2020: Commissioner provides information to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee