News and Events
Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- April 11, 2022: Consumer Alert - Palm Springs Bank or PalmSpring Bank
- March 11, 2022: Consumer Alert - First Priority Offshore Bank
- February 17, 2021: Proclamation Authorizing Closures Due to Severe Winter Weather
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- January 26, 2023: Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to Inova Payroll LLC
- January 18, 2023: Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to Paxful USA, Inc
- January 6, 2023: Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to Paysend PLC
- November 17, 2022: Free Financial Education Webinar: Avoiding the Risk of Financial Exploitation, Presented Jointly by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner and Texas Department of Banking
- August 25, 2022: Financial Education Webinar: Understanding Your Credit
- August 22, 2022: Amendment to Rule Requiring Notification of a Computer Security Incident by a Texas State-Chartered Bank
- November 17, 2022: Commissioner provides testimony before the Senate Business and Commerce Committee
- August 25, 2022: Commissioner Provides Testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- March 3, 2021: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee.