Laws & Regulations
The Law & Guidance Manual includes select chapters from the Texas Constitution, Finance Code, and the Health and Safety Code, as well as Title 7 of the Texas Administrative Code. Department issued legal opinions, supervisory memorandums, and regulatory guidance applicable to our regulated entities are also included in the Law & Guidance Manual, which is updated quarterly. The Department’s rules, which are compiled in Title 7 of the Texas Administrative Code, are adopted by the Texas Finance Commission as provided by Section 31.003 of the Finance Code. Proposed rule changes are made available for review and comment on this page.
Certain Texas statutes empower the banking commissioner to issue certain cease and desist orders; removal and/or prohibition orders; and enforcement orders. Orders issued by the commissioner are available under the Enforcement Actions section.
Published opinions and interpretive statements are included in the Law & Guidance Manual and are indexed by area of regulation:
Regulatory Guidance and Supervisory Memorandums communicate the Department's position on a regulation or regulatory issue.
Regulatory Guidance - Guidance related to the implementation of specific laws
- Banks, Trust Companies, and Foreign Bank Agencies
- Prepaid Funeral Contracts, Perpetual Care Cemeteries, and Money Services Businesses
- Orders Related to Banking Removal and/or Prohibition
- Orders Related to Money Services Businesses
- Orders Related to Perpetual Care Cemeteries
- Orders Related to Prepaid Funeral Contract Sellers
- Orders Related to Bank and Trust Activity
- Orders Related to Private Child Support Enforcement Agencies
- Orders Related to Other Entities