Install Law & Guidance Manual on Your Desktop
April 1, 2019
- Select the icon or link at the bottom of this page.
- Select the Run button on the Security Warning screen.
- You may need to log-in as the Administrator to continue this process.
- Click Next on the Set Up Screen with End User License Provisions.
- Click Install.
- Click Next.
- When the Install is complete, click on Finish.
- A Blue/Grey Icon in the shape of Texas will appear on your desktop labeled Texas Department.
- Double click on the Icon to open the Law Manual. A window will appear with instructions stating that the Law Manual should automatically open in a few seconds. The window will move to the task bar. IMPORTANT: Keep this window open until you close the Law Manual. If you close the window prior to closing the Law Manual, the Law Manual may not work properly the next time you open it.
This format for the Law Manual Desktop Version has the same look and feel as the web version. It is updated through the date shown above. The web version will always be the most current. With the Desktop version, a window will pop up which will allow the Law Manual to run properly. You must keep this window open while the Law Manual is open. Do not close the window until you have exited the Law Manual.
Problems with Install
Please contact the Department of Banking’s Technical Support.