Skip to main content
- November 7, 2002: Commissioner Issues Response to Parity Request Relating to Sale of Debt Cancellation Products
- October 11, 2002: Department Issues Cease and Desist against Investors Bank and Trust, Ltd., Dominica, and Gary Lynn McDuff
- October 7, 2002: Commissioner James Releases Notice to State Bankers on Homeowners Insurance
- September 10, 2002: State Banking Department Seizes Records and Deposits of Hall and Sons Funeral Home, Comanche, Texas
- August 2, 2002: Commissioner James announces new responsibilities for Money Services Businesses that result from the USA Patriot Act of 2001
- July 26, 2002 - en Espanol: State Banking Department Seizes Records and Deposits of Rubarza Financial Services, Inc.
- July 24, 2002: Commissioner James Announces Opening of Peoples Bank, Colleyville, Texas
- July 1, 2002: Investment Scams Cloaked as "Certificates of Deposit"
- June 18, 2002: Results of Statewide Study of Small Business Lending in Texas
- June 17, 2002: Banking Commissioner Approves Charter for First Community Bank,
Corpus Christi, Texas
- June 4, 2002: Commissioner James Announces Conversion of Rio National Bank, McAllen, Texas
- June 4, 2002: PNB Trust & Asset Management, Lubbock, Texas, is Granted State Trust Company Charter
- June 3, 2002: Commissioner James Attends Opening of Grand Bank, Dallas, Texas
- May 17, 2002: Seized the Records and Funds Relating to the Trust-Funded Prepaid Funeral Benefit Contracts Sold by Pruitt’s Mortuary
- May 7, 2002: Texas Finance Commission Begins Statewide Study of
Agricultural Business Lending in Texas
- May 2, 2002: First Citizens Bank, N.A., Dallas, Texas Converts to a State Charter, First Bank & Trust of Dallas
- April 19, 2002: Department of Banking Issues Cease and Desist Order Against GOSB Private “Banque” and “Baroness” Roni Burgs
- April 1, 2002: Commissioner James Announces Conversion of Riverbend Bank, Fort Worth, Texas
- March 4, 2002: Seized the Records and Funds Relating to the Trust-Funded Prepaid Funeral Benefit Contracts Sold by McCaleb Funeral Home, Weslaco, Texas
- February 27, 2002: Commissioner James Announces Adoption of Interagency Form for Charter and Federal Deposit Insurance Applications
- January 18, 2002: Sierra Blanca Bank Closed by Texas Banking Commissioner.