Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking.
Press Release 2016
- December 16, 2016: Department Cancels Permit of Allcorn Funeral & Cremation Care, Coleman, Texas, and Seizes Related Prepaid Funeral Contract Records and Funds
- November 7, 2016: Department of Banking Issues Cease and Desist Order to Foreign Currency Co., LLC and South West Services, LLC
- October 25, 2016: Texas Department of Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to Bannockburn Global Forex, LLC
- October 19, 2016: Free Financial Education Webinar: Cybersecurity Awareness for Money Services Businesses
- October 5, 2016: Free Financial Education Webinar: Navigate, an Educational Resource by the Dallas FRB
- September 27, 2016: 4th Annual Community Banking Research and Policy Conference
- June 9, 2016: Commissioner and Director of IT Security Examinations testify on Cybersecurity before the House Committee on Business and Industry.
- April 28, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on State Affairs on the Condition of the Texas State Banking System.
- April 12, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on Investments and Financial Services on interim charges relating to community banks.