Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking.
- August 28, 2017: Department Issues Updated Proclamation and Order Authorizing Temporary Branches Due to Hurricane Harvey
- August 24, 2017: Department Issues Proclamation to Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- August 23, 2017: Texas Department of Banking Commissioner Issues Amended Order Relating to R.B.T. Trading, LLC d/b/a R.B.T. Duty Free
- October 16, 2017: Financial Education Webinar for MSBs - Guidance on Texas Permissible Investment Reports and Legislative Changes
- October 12, 2017: Designation of Representative for Notice of an Abandoned Assets
- October 2, 2017: Department Provides Support and Guidance for those Affected by Hurricane Harvey – Home Equity Loans and Home Repairs
- February 28, 2017: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- June 9, 2016: Commissioner and Director of IT Security Examinations testify on Cybersecurity before the House Committee on Business and Industry.
- April 28, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on State Affairs on the Condition of the Texas State Banking System.