Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking.
Press Release 2016
- February 15, 2017: Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to SMART Payment Plan, LLC
- December 16, 2016: Department Cancels Permit of Allcorn Funeral & Cremation Care, Coleman, Texas, and Seizes Related Prepaid Funeral Contract Records and Funds
- November 7, 2016: Department of Banking Issues Cease and Desist Order to Foreign Currency Co., LLC and South West Services, LLC
- March 23, 2017 – Free Financial Education Webinar: Guidance on Various Filings for MSBs
- February 13, 2017 –Free Financial Education Webinar: Money Smart Week Texas
- January 19, 2017 – North Texas Electronic Crimes Task Force – Upcoming Tabletop Exercise
- February 28, 2017: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- June 9, 2016: Commissioner and Director of IT Security Examinations testify on Cybersecurity before the House Committee on Business and Industry.
- April 28, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on State Affairs on the Condition of the Texas State Banking System.