Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking.
- May 9, 2017: Commissioner Approves First De Novo Bank Since 2009: The Bank of Austin, Austin, Texas
- April 19, 2017: Consumer Alert - Notice to Purchasers of Preneed Funeral Merchandise Sold By Apple Casket and Memorial Monuments
- April 11, 2017: Banking Commissioner Issues Consent Order Relating to VendEngine, Inc., d/b/a JailFunds.com
- May 8, 2017: Free Financial Education Webinar: Texas Financial Education Endowment (TFEE)
- March 23, 2017: Free Financial Education Webinar: Guidance on Various Filings for MSBs
- February 13, 2017: Free Financial Education Webinar: Money Smart Week Texas
- February 28, 2017: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- June 9, 2016: Commissioner and Director of IT Security Examinations testify on Cybersecurity before the House Committee on Business and Industry.
- April 28, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on State Affairs on the Condition of the Texas State Banking System.