News and Events
Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking. For information on any news items, select Media Questions from the ask a question form.
- February 17, 2021: Proclamation Authorizing Closures Due to Severe Winter Weather
- March 16, 2020: Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for the Coronavirus
- August 28, 2017: Updated Proclamation Texas State-Chartered Banks for Hurricane Harvey
- September 15, 2021: Texas Capital Bank, N.A., Dallas, Texas, Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- September 1, 2021: 2022 Annual Assessment Reduction
- August 24, 2021: Banking Commissioner appoints Wendy Rodriguez as Deputy Commissioner
- September 1, 2021: Utilization of Nationwide Multistate Licensing System Money Services Business Call Report
- July 19, 2021: Home Equity Lending: Electronic Disclosure and Out-of-State Financial Institutions Precomment and Webinar Notice
- July 15, 2021: Financial Education Webinar: Building a Better Budget Presented Jointly by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner and Texas Department of Banking
- March 3, 2021: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee.
- August 28, 2020: Commissioner provides information to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee
- February 14, 2019: Commissioner provide testimony to House Pensions, Investments & Financial Services Committee