Pursuant to Texas Finance Code 37.002 (d), a bank must notify the Commissioner as promptly as possible about closing an office or operation.
- fire, flood, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, or wind, rain, or snow storm;
- labor dispute or strike;
- power failure, transportation failure, or interruption of communication facilities;
- shortage of fuel, housing, food, transportation, or labor;
- robbery, burglary, or attempted robbery or burglary;
- epidemic or other catastrophe; or
- riot, civil commotion, enemy attack, or other actual or threatened act of lawlessness or violence.
Reporting Inclement Weather Closings
To report an emergency situation, please contact the Department by one of the following:
Phone: 877-TXDOB-INFO (1-877-893-6246)
Update Contact Information Listed with Department
ACES is a fast and easy way for financial institutions to update and maintain contact information with the Department. Designate contacts for a variety of correspondence.
Temporary Operating Facilities
If a natural disaster or other catastrophic event impacts your operations such that you are unable to open any facility for business after three business days and/or you plan to open a temporary facility due this emergency situation, you need to provide notice to the Department of Banking within five days. The notice should include the following information:
- Name of the institution;
- Location of the institution;
- Location of the affected facilities;
- Type of action, i.e. close facility, open temporary facility, share a facility on a temporary basis;
- Address of any emergency facility; and
- Contact information, i.e. name of person reporting and phone number or email address.
Contact our Corporate Division with this information as soon as possible.
- National Hurricane Center
- Evacuation Routes
- FDIC: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Homeland Security
- IRS - Disaster Assistance and Emergency Relief for Individuals and Businesses
- OCC: Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Office of the Governor – Texas Homeland Security
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Texas Department of Insurance