How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for positions at the Texas Department of Banking. Please click on each section below and review all instructions before applying.
Only the State of Texas Application for Employment Form will be accepted for consideration.
Download the application, carefully follow the instructions, and compete each section:
State of Texas Application for Employment
Supplemental Page for Employment History (if needed)
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but can be submitted as an attachment.
Positions that require a degree must include a copy of official transcripts.
Submit applications and other documentation to the Department no later than 5:00 p.m. on the closing date of the job vacancy notice to:
email@example.com (Preferred Method)
Human Resources Office
Texas Department of Banking
2601 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin, Texas 78705-4294
Apply on workintexas.com. Search “Texas Department of Banking” to locate job listing. Register, build your profile, complete and submit the State of Texas Employment Application through your Work In Texas profile.
Note: If Academic Transcripts are required, these will need to be submitted to directly to the Department of Banking via email, mail or fax. Transcripts cannot be submitted via Work In Texas.
Some positions at the Department require a degree or specialized degree. Financial Examiner positions also require a certain number of accounting coursework hours. A copy of OFFICIAL college transcripts supplying proof of these qualifications (degree, accounting hours) must be submitted prior to the closing date of the posting. Applications will not be considered without the transcript.
Transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Foreign Education Credentials
Foreign education credentials must be evaluated by an acceptable foreign education credential evaluation service and the results must be submitted with your employment application. The education which is required to meet the minimum qualifications of the position for which you are applying must be evaluated.
- As a condition of employment, legal proof of authorization to work in the U.S. must be provided. The Texas Department of Banking participates in E‐Verify.
- As a condition of employment, all males who are of the age currently required to register with the Selective Service System (SSS) must present proof of, or an exemption from, registration with the SSS.
- The State of Texas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability.
- In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations during the employment process. If assistance is needed, please contact the Human Resources at 512-475-1347 as soon in the employment process as possible so that appropriate measures can be taken to meet your needs.
- Veterans' and former foster youth employment preferences are granted, as required by law.