Class Title: Financial Examiner V
Credit Review Specialist
Position Number: 451.2021-11
Opening Date: February 11, 2021
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary: $7,451.00 to $7,833.00 monthly
Division: Bank & Trust Supervision
Work Location: Dallas
Overnight Travel: Extensive: at least 50%
Application Process: Complete a State of Texas Job application and document how you meet the job requirements, education, and experience listed below. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of a completed application. An official copy of college transcripts is required. All applications must have an original signature. Incomplete applications or applications received without the required documentation will not be accepted for consideration.
Submit Applications and Transcripts to:
Human Resources, 2601 N. Lamar Blvd., Austin, TX. 78705, or fax to (512) 475-1313, or e-mail to email@example.com or via WorkInTexas.com . Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on the closing date. A State Application may be obtained from the Department of Banking website or WorkInTexas.com. The required documentation may be submitted separate from the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the required documentation is received by the closing date.
This is a non-commissioned examiner position. Performs medium to advanced examination work in credit risk measurement and risk management practices for a diversified portfolio of moderately complex borrowing relationships. The position involves conducting credit reviews during onsite or offsite examinations, analyzing internal reports, conducting discussions with bank management, reviewing industry information, and researching risk topics affecting the financial services industry. Reports to the Regional Director. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and completes credit risk related examination events.
- Develops report ready comments and submits them to the Examiner-in-Charge.
- Ensures proper application of departmental policies and procedures, as well as, state and federal regulations.
- Performs ongoing review of credit related bank reporting.
- May have supervisory responsibility for staff assisting in credit review.
- Represents the Department of Banking at board meetings or management meetings.
- Works extensively with the federal regulator to ensure that examination activities are conducted in a well coordinated manner.
- May participate in the Department’s activities in Shared National Credit review and functions as a voting member.
- Assists the Examiner-in-Charge as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications
Education, Experience and Licensure
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, or related field with a minimum of six hours, nine hours preferred, in accounting to include basic and intermediate accounting. Copy of official college transcripts must be submitted with The State of Texas Application for Employment.
- Six years of credit review experience with a bank regulatory agency, credit review firm, financial institution or with an asset management resolution firm, or ten years commercial lending experience as a senior officer with a depository institution.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Possess and exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess working knowledge in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Extensive knowledge in credit risk measurement and risk management practices.
- Knowledge of statuary requirements, business operating procedures and reporting techniques.
- Ability to serve, without supervision, as lead examiner for review of the credit function of small or large, non-complex, or complex, and non-problem or problem institutions.
- Skill in reviewing and auditing financial data and records.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Work experience with a financial institution and completion of graduate banking school.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English with the ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Position requires at least 50 % overnight travel.
- Must possess or obtain within six months a valid Texas Driver’s license. Satisfactory driving records are required for driving any vehicle to conduct agency business. Final applicants must certify that personally owned vehicles used for agency business have Texas minimum liability coverage and a valid state inspection.
- This position requires that the incumbent demonstrate strong personal financial responsibility and integrity.
- Final applicants may be subject to an employment credit check, driving record check, and criminal background check.
Physical and Cognitive Requirements:
The physical demands described here are represented of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the incumbent to primarily perform sedentary office work; however, mobility (standing and walking) is routinely required to carry out some duties. It requires extensive computer, copiers, printers, telephone and client/customer contact. The job also requires normal cognitive abilities requiring the ability to learn, recall, and apply certain practices and policies. It requires the stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions. Marginal or corrected visual,speech and auditory requirements are required for reading printed materials and computer screens and communicating with internal and external customers. The position requires:
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers, and telephones.
- Frequent sitting.
- Frequent work under stress, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
- Extensive travel: at least 50% overnight travel.
State law prohibits any employee of the Department from being or becoming “directly or indirectly indebted to, or financially interested in an entity supervised or regulated by the Banking Commissioner.” See Texas Finance Code, Section 12.107.
Those selected for an interview will be contacted by telephone. Final male applicants between the ages of 18 to 26 will be required to furnish proof of registration or exemption from registration with the selective service system.
E-Verify – This organization participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
The Texas Department of Banking is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. A disabled individual requiring reasonable accommodation shall not be denied the opportunity due to the disability. The applicant should contact Human Resources if reasonable accommodation is required during the application process at (512) 475-1347.