You are here

Notice to Applicants Private Child Support Enforcement Agencies

Chapter 396 of the Texas Finance Code, effective September 1, 2001, requires the registration of Private Child Support Enforcement Agencies (PCSEA) which do not qualify for an exemption detailed in Chapter 396 or as published in 7 TAC Chapter 31. After January 1, 2002, to legally engage in the business of child support enforcement in Texas on behalf of a client who is a payee in an order for child support issued by a court or other tribunal, registrants must obtain certificates from the Texas Department of Banking.

The PCSEA application consists of the following forms, schedules, exhibits, and attachments.  Responses to all questions must be provided.  Indicate if the answer is “None” or “Not Applicable.”  Failure to submit all of the required information may result in the return of the application.

A non-refundable registration fee of $500.00 per location including the principal location is required at the time of the application.  Additionally, a $500.00 regulation fee must accompany the application. For example, an agency that has a principal location and two additional locations should submit $2,000.00, $500.00 per location for the registration, and $500.00 for the cost of regulation.  Checks should be made payable to the Texas Department of Banking.  Failure to submit the required fees will result in the return of the application. Additionally, the application will be returned if it is not signed and the signature is not notarized, or if the surety bond or deposit in lieu of bond is not included.

Information submitted in connection with the application may be subject to disclosure under the Open Records Act. Confidential information should be clearly marked when submitted.  Submit the application and attachments to the following address:

Texas Department of Banking
Corporate Activities Division
2601 North Lamar Blvd., Suite 300
Austin, TX 78705-4294

Information, including the application packet, may be accessed on the Department’s forms page. Direct any questions to the Director of Corporate Activities.

Corporate Activities

More information?

Ask a Question