Get current news, reports and headlines pertaining to regulated industries, consumers, and the Department of Banking.
- December 15, 2017: Atascosa National Bank, Pleasanton, Texas, Converts to a State-Chartered Bank
- December 15, 2017: Consumer Alert - Various Media Outlets Inaccurately Report that the Tin Thanh Group has Acquired Oakwood Bank
- December 15, 2017: Consumer Alert - Fraudulent Fax Solicitation Purporting to Offer a Business Line of Credit
- December 4, 2017: Business E-mail Compromise Workshop Presented by the FBI, U.S. Secret Service, MS-ISAC, REN-ISAC, R-CISC, and Symantec
- November 13, 2017: FinCEN Issues Advisory to Financial Institutions Regarding Widespread Political Corruption in Venezuela and Proceeds Moving Through U.S. Financial System
- November 13, 2017: FinCEN Issues Advisory to Financial Institutions Regarding Disaster-Related Fraud
- February 28, 2017: Commissioner provides testimony to House Investments and Financial Services.
- June 9, 2016: Commissioner and Director of IT Security Examinations testify on Cybersecurity before the House Committee on Business and Industry.
- April 28, 2016: Commissioner testifies before the House Committee on State Affairs on the Condition of the Texas State Banking System.