Install Law & Guidance Manual on Your Desktop
Before You Get Started Please Uninstall Previous Versions –
Any previous version on your computer must be uninstalled in order for the new installation to work.
To check for previous versions of the Law Manual, go to Control Panel and find Programs & Features.The Law Manual will be shown as the Texas Department of Banking - Law & Guidance Manual. Select this program to Uninstall.
Install March 31, 2018 Version
- Select the icon or link at the bottom of this page.
- Use the Save As option to save the zip file to your C:\drive
- Open the zip file and double click on the setup file.
- Select the Run button on the Security Warning screen.
- You may need to log-in as the Administrator to continue this process.
- Click Next on the Set Up Screen with End User License Provisions.
- The Choose Destination Location Screen will appear. No need to change the file location so Click Next.
- The Select Start Menu Folder location will appear. No need to change the folder location so Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Next.
- When the Install is complete, click on Finish.
- A Blue/Grey Icon in the shape of Texas will appear on your desktop labeled Texas Department.
- Double click on the Icon to open the Law Manual. A window will appear with instructions stating that the Law Manual should automatically open in a few seconds. The window will move to the task bar. IMPORTANT: Keep this window open until you close the Law Manual. If you close the window prior to closing the Law Manual, the Law Manual may not work properly the next time you open it.
This format for the Law Manual Desktop Version has the same look and feel as the web version. It is updated through the date shown above. The web version will always be the most current. With the Desktop version, a window will pop up which will allow the Law Manual to run properly. You must keep this window open while the Law Manual is open. Do not close the window until you have exited the Law Manual.
Problems with Install
If the installation did not work, check to make sure that a previous version is not already on your computer. See Uninstall Previous Versions above. If this does not correct the problem, please contact the Department of Banking’s Technical Support.